Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Twilight is... finished! It took me long enough, as you can see if you scroll down to my other posts. After a complete read of the novel, I can safely say Jacob is the cooler monster, if that's what you want to call him. I didn't think of either Edward or Jacob as monsters.
This week in my creative writing class, I wrote a story that allowed me to experiment with unfamiliar elements. I'm not sure how I like it, but I'm eager to hear what my class has to say. I want to find out what worked, what didn't, and what I can improve on. Basically, I pushed way past my comfort zone, and I hope the exercise will help me grow.
IN OTHER NEWS:
I'm going home for Thanksgiving on Thursday! After class, I'm rushing to my apartment to catch an airport shuttle! I did the math, and I'll be totally fine missing a few days of class, so I'm going for it. I never skip class intentionally, as in I NEVER skip class, so this isn't a big deal. Pennsylvania, here I come!
I was supposed to leave on Monday (the 21st), and come back to school on the 28th. But a Friday class was canceled, and I realized it was smarter to leave THIS Thursday and come back Sunday before classes. I miss the same amount of school, AND my break is two days longer. I just found out yesterday night it was going to work.How great is life?
Not 100%.
The problem? I have SO much schoolwork to do now. I thought I had a few days, but I DON'T. But after the whirlwind of the next few days, I get to party in Pennsylvania with a dead turkey!
I'm excited to read CROSSED! I peeked at the first page, and I can't wait. On Thursday, that book's getting a dent knocked into it! BAM!
That's all I have to say this week. Peace.

1 comment:

  1. The first page is awesome and I am glad you get to go home. Though you did miss a great class on Thursday. What are you plans for the IP?

    ReplyDelete