Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Twilight.
I thought I'd be finished by now, but I'm not. Page 56 is a nice start, but not a even close to the end.
The book is not as girly as I thought, but Edward just introduced himself to Bella. She keeps talking about how hot Edward is, and it makes me feel awkward. On the bright side, I know what's going on because I saw the movies :-)
Next week, I'll finish the book. I promise!
Maybe.
ANYWAY
In my creative writing class, I'm trying to develop a strong female voice. I feel like it's one of my weakness, but and writing through a girl makes me feel awkward. Even if I don't write a story through a first person female, I want to understand the female characters better in order to make my writing stronger. But if I get this thing down, it'll kind of freak me out.
In the meantime, I feel really weird.
It's OKAY for a girl to write through a guy. But when a guy writes a girl? That's kind of weird. I want to find a balance of bringing a girl to life and not embarrassing myself, if you know what I'm saying.
And I'm pretty sure you do.
ANYWAY
I'M EXCITED FOR THANKSGIVING!
It's not the food I'm looking forward to. It's the chance to have fun with my family back in PA! WOOOO.
Note: I realize WOO isn't professional, but I don't really care. I'm that excited to get home.
Note on note: I'm not trying to be professional on a blog, but you know what I mean.
Note on note on note: I don't have anything else to say, but I'm loving this note idea.

Basically, that's my life right now. Comment. Dislike. Do anything so I know you're reading.

1 comment:

  1. I, also, am excited for Thanksgiving, but at the same time I sort of wish Halloween could last for a whole week. Halloweek.

    Also: Scott O'Dell wrote a bunch of books from a girl's perspective, and I loved those books as a kid. He wrote Island of the Blue Dolphins and this other one about a girl during the American Revolution that I can't remember the title of.

    So it's not THAT weird for a guy to write a girl. You can do it!

    p.s. your blog is always so fun.

    ReplyDelete